Ceramic Plate Protection Level III is a panel that is an add-on component/insert to a ballistic vest Level IIIA.
Ceramic Plates Protection Level III has the primary purpose to absorb and disrupt the kinetic energy of a bullet impact and reduce the blunt trauma transferred to the wearer of the vest.
Two Plates: $369.99 + Free Shipping
- A plate is made out of Ceramic Alumina.
- Manufactured with lightweight, durable, Kevlar fabric.
- Includes a fabric waterproof cover made out of Kordura by DuPont.
- Protection level III (3).
Bulletproof vests are designed to ‘trap’ and slow bullets down as they attempt to pass through the vest. Therefore, the Bulletproof Vests come in two different types; hard and soft. For instance, the ‘soft’ armors are designed to protect against most handgun and small arms ammunition, whereas ‘hard’ armors are designed to stop high caliber and armor-piercing rounds.
- Size: 300×250 mm ± 5. = 10X12 inch
- Weight: ±2500 gr. = 5 pounds and 8.16 ounces
About Ceramic Alumina:
Aluminum Oxide, Al2O3 is a major engineering material. It offers a combination of good mechanical properties and electrical properties leading to a wide range of applications.
Typical Alumina characteristics include:
- Good strength and stiffness
- Hardness and wear resistance
- Great corrosion resistance
- Good thermal stability
- Excellent dielectric properties (from DC to GHz frequencies)
- Low dielectric constant
National Institute of Justice Standards Levels of Protection