Ceramic Plate Protection Level III
Ceramic Plate Protection Level III is a panel that is an add-on component/insert to a ballistic vest Level IIIA.
Ceramic PlatesProtection Level III has the primary purpose to absorb and disrupt the kinetic energy of a bullet impact and reduce the blunt trauma transferred to the wearer of the vest.
Two Plates: $369.99 Plus Free Shipping
- A plate is made out of ceramic Alumina.
- Manufactured with lightweight, durable, Kevlar fabric.
- Includes a fabric waterproof cover made out of Kordura by DuPont.
- Protection level III (3).
Bulletproof vests are designed to ‘trap’ and slow bullets down as they attempt to pass through the vest. Bullet Proof Vests come in two different types; hard and soft. The ‘soft’ armors are designed to protect against most handgun and small arms ammunition, whereas ‘hard’ armors are designed to stop high caliber and armor piercing rounds.
- Size: 300×250 mm ± 5. = 10X12 inch
- Weight: ±2500 gr. = 5 pounds and 8.16 ounces
About ceramic Alumina:
Aluminum Oxide, Al2O3 is a major engineering material. It offers a combination of good mechanical properties and electrical properties leading to a wide range of applications.
Typical Alumina characteristics include:
- Good strength and stiffness
- Good hardness and wear resistance
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good thermal stability
- Excellent dielectric properties (from DC to GHz frequencies)
- Low dielectric constant