Ceramic 2 Plates Stand Alone Level IV is a ceramic plate, is a plate that is an add-on component/insert to a ballistic vest. Its primary purpose is to absorb and disrupt the kinetic energy of a bullet impact and reduce the blunt trauma transferred to the wearer of the vest.
Price: $499.99 Free Shipping
- Plate is made out of ceramic Alumina.
- Manufactured with light weigh, durable, Kevlar fabric
- Includes a fabric water proof cover made out of Kordura by DuPont.
- Protection level IV (4).
This plate is designed to achieve NIJ Level III protection and is a “Stand Alone” plate. “Stand Alone” plates are designed and tested to defeat ballistic threats using the plate only.
No ballistic vest is required, as all the ballistic energy and fragments are stopped in the plate. These plates are usually reserved for tactical operations or anti-terrorist work where the ammunition threat is unknown, or if the wearing of a vest is considered too cumbersome.
- Size: 300×250 mm ± 5. = 10X12 inch
- Weight: ±3400 gr. = 7 pounds and 8.16 ounces
About ceramic Alumina:
Aluminium Oxide, Al2O3 is a major engineering material. It offers a combination of good mechanical properties and electrical properties leading to a wide range of applications.
Typical Alumina characteristics include:
- Good strength and stiffness
- Good hardness and wear resistance
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good thermal stability
- Excellent dielectric properties (from DC to GHz frequencies)
- Low dielectric constant