The SAPI Plate Level IV B4C STA is a stand-alone plate. For instance, its primary purpose is to absorb and disrupt the kinetic energy of a bullet impact and reduce the blunt trauma transferred to the wearer of the vest.
SAPI Plate Level IV B4C STA therefore, can be worn without buying body armor. In other words, if you already have an empty vest you can just purchase this plate and insert it. The plates are a composition of Boron carbide (B4C). SAPI Plate Level IV STA of Boron carbide offers excellent impact resistance, low moisture absorption, and high tensile strength.
SAPI Plate Level IV STA comes in several different grades which delineate the purposes that it is best suited for. For instance, Boron carbide (B4C) plate is made by using the hardest man-made materials utilized in lots of fields. It is the third hardest chemical compound, ranking after diamond and cubic boron nitride (formula CBN). Boron carbide is a dark black crystal, so it is also called “black diamond”. This strong material does not exist in nature, and could only be obtained from boron and carbon in a furnace.
Note: Residents from Connecticut are prohibited from purchasing concealment body armor, tactical body armor, ballistic plates, ballistic shields, and ballistic helmets online. We are not allowed to sell to residents of Connecticut online.
LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE!
Canceled Orders – Any order canceled for any reason will be charged a 2.9% cancelation fee. Be sure of your item before you buy it or consult with support service.
Stand Alone Level IV (4) Technical details:
- Boron carbide (B4C) plate
- Manufactured with lightweight, durable, Kevlar fabric
- Includes a fabric waterproof cover made out of Cordura by DuPont.
- Protection level IV (4).
This hard material is:
- High Hardness: The most hardness of boron carbide is between 9 and 10. Such stiffness and strength help boron carbide get the nickname “black diamond”.
- Low Density: It has a low density of about 2.52 g/cm3 in the solidified form. Such lower density makes boron carbide a lighter choice for armor making.
- Chemical Inertness: Boron carbide rarely reacts with other chemicals. Such chemical stability leads to plenty of applications for this substance.
- Nuclear Ability: Boron carbide has a high cross-section to capture neutrons. So the boron carbide substance could serve as a neutron absorber and neutron detector in nuclear reactors.
This plate achieves NIJ Level IV (4) protection and is a “Stand Alone” plate. These plates defeat ballistic threats using the plate only. Therefore, this plate doesn’t need to go with a Level IIIA, as the plate will stop all the ballistic energy and fragments. For instance, tactical operators and counter-terror units are usually using these plates specifically where the ammunition threat is unknown, or if the wearing of a vest is too cumbersome.
Bulletproof vests trap and slow bullets down as they attempt to pass through the vest. For example, bulletproof Vests come in two different types; hard and soft. The ‘soft’ armors protect against most handgun and small arms ammunition, whereas ‘hard’ armors stop high caliber and armor-piercing rounds.
- Size: 300×250 mm ± 5. = 10X12 inch
- Weight: ±3400 gr. = 5 pounds and 07 ounces
National Institute of Justice Standards Levels of Protection